Thursday, June 13, 2013

In which we talk music and camp....

*FLASH!*

Okay, that totally did not work. I guess selfies are out of the question when your arms are shorter than the camera.










We got what was left of that derecho this morning. Luckily, all that was left was a lot or rain. Unluckily, it decided to happen when Maddy decided to go out in it.












It would be really nice if we could send this to Colorado to put out all those wildfires.












~*~

Later....



"What's this?"

"Ash Grove Academy," Maddy said. "They have a series of classes for Hittys."

"Classes? Like boarding school?" I hoped she wasn't thinking of sending me away to school. I mean, I love to go new places and all, but not without my person....

"I was hoping they'd have something for Emmaline. Something to build poise and confidence. Like ballet or charm school - do they even still have charm schools?" She looked at me.

"I don't know." I think that was something like Isabella attended in our ancestor Hitty's autobiography,


"Do you think she'd be interested in learning to play a musical instrument?" Maddy said.

"I don't know." I looked around. "I'd like to learn to play guitar. Pinky offered to teach me."

"Cool. We'll get a guitar for you, then. I played for years but never did get really good at it. You'd think I'd have some musical talent other than making mix CDs," Maddy said.

I don't know. I think she has a pretty good voice, but that's just me.



Speaking of our ancestor Hitty, I think she'd be slightly jealous of the Woodlees' ability to bust a move.













"GANGNAM STYLE!"

"I don't think that's quite how it goes...."












Seriously, rock and roll fantasy camp sounds fun. Too bad they don't have one for Hittys....

No comments:

Post a Comment