Sunday, June 9, 2013

In which we spend a relaxing Sunday....

*Warning - Hitty nudity ahead!*



"Would you mind too much if I tried one of your dresses on?" Robin asked, coming out to where we were enjoying some fresh air and sunshine on the back porch.

"Of course not," I said. "Mi - wardrobe - et su wardrobe." Okay, that's sort of a fractured mix of Spanish, French and English, I think...

"Thanks!" I noticed she'd picked out the one we refer to as the first Hitty dress.




"Let me give you a hand with it," Leonora said.

"Outside?" Emmaline said.

"We're behind the house," I pointed out.



 "I like the style, but not the color on you," Leonora concluded.

Maddy, who'd come to see what we were up to, nodded. "Robin, you and I need to go through the fabric stash and see what's going to look best on you." Maddy herself has the same hair/eye color and complexion as Leonora.

"Try the purple," Ramona said.  "I'll change. I'm not picky."

"Huh?" I looked around. "Wait. What are you doing?"




 "Avoiding tan lines. What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Oh." I'm like Maddy - I prefer to maintain a Victorian pallor. But to each her own.











"Ramona, for heaven's sake, you can't - put something on before someone sees you!" Emmaline exclaimed.

Ramona rolled her eyes. "You act like we're not even behind the house."

"But there are men around!" Emmaline protested.







"Really? Where?" Shel sat up, looking around.

"If I were awake, I'd - well, something..." John-John mumbled.

"Yeah, right." Shel kissed him.











"Wow. That looks great!" Maddy said. "I would have figured you as more of a Spring, but I guess you're a Summer."

"What?" We both looked around.

"Seasonal color analysis. It was really popular back a few years ago," she said. "Winters and Summers look better in cool colors and Springs and Autumns look better in warm colors. The first book about it was too limiting, though. It gave you thirty colors for each season and those were the only colors you were supposed to be able to wear. Period."


I wear mostly pink and even I think that sounded boring. "Does it work?"

"The idea of dressing in warm or cool tones does, but not the thirty-colors-only." Maddy looked thoughtful.


~*~



"Rain again?" The weather forecast isn't looking very cheerful. At least they're not predicting anything severe for us, like tornadoes or anything. Just heavy rain.

"Don't worry. I just ordered Paulette's raincoats pattern," Maddy said, then winked at Samantha and the tiny Hittys. "And her toddler wardrobe pattern."

I have a feeling we're going to be needing them....



No comments:

Post a Comment