Saturday, July 23, 2016

In which we have a tea party.....

 It was a nice afternoon for a tea party....


Until..........










"Excuse me, have you seen a blue box around here?"

"A blue box?" I was a little confused.

"Yeah, blue, has a light on top, says "Police Call Box" on it..."

"Wait, do you mean...." John started, but was interrupted by a very peculiar wheezing, swooshing, grinding-type noise...



 "There! That!"

Why does nothing that happens around here surprise me any more?

















"Excuse me - is this Zarvos?"

"No, it's Earth, Doctor," the stranger replied.

"Missy? What are you doing here?"

"The same thing you are, apparently..." As she spoke, the box vanished with the same noise, only to reappear nearby on level ground.











"You always pick the worst places to land."

"Maddy? I thought I said...."

"Yeah, yeah. Stay in the TARDIS until we know it's safe. Which it is," she replied with an amused smile. "And it's also not Zarvos. It's Earth."












"And Missy? What are you doing here?"

"The same thing you are, apparently."

"Not exactly. I'm not recruiting Cybermen," Maddy replied.

"Neither am I. Now. I'm on vacation. Can't a Time Lady go on vacation without having her motives questioned? Besides, aren't you the one who's friends with a Dalek?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Friends with a Dalek?" The Doctor looked at her, wide-eyed. "What else weren't you going to tell me, old girl?"

"Well, if I told you it would spoil the surprise, now, wouldn't it?" Maddy said.

"What's a Dalek?" I had to ask.

"Pepper pot type thing. Nasty. Full of hate," the Doctor said. "It's all they know how to do."

"Well, not all of them. You haven't met the Eternal." Maddy looked at him.

"Yeah, he's pretty cool for being a mutant in a tin can." The speaker was...

"Kilbey?" This somehow explained a few things.



"Indeed. And this is the Lady Madrigal Baker, from Gallifrey, and her friend the Doctor."

"We're Time Lords, all of us. Missy, too," Maddy explained.

"At one point I believed us to be the last of our kind," the Doctor said.

"Not really," Maddy said, then whispered to me, "Long story. I'll explain later."

"What are you doing here?" I said.

"Lost, as usual," Kilbey said.

"Kilbey, we're not lost. We're on Earth," Maddy scolded. "We're actually supposed to meet my sisters here." She took out her phone - or what I guessed was a phone, anyway.



"This is Sigourney. She's the oldest next to me."



















"This is Bowie..."

"Is that a publicity still?" The Doctor looked over her shoulder.

"No. I took this one." She looked at me. "My sister's a singer. Or she was, anyway, back on Gallifrey. I wish they'd stop saying we Patrexians never do anything useful. Isn't making others happy useful?"

"I should think so," The Doctor said. "But you know how they are back there. Nothing but logic and reason."

"Yeah, well, I know where they can stick that," she said.








"And this is Swan...."

"I know her! Only I thought she was a deva...."

"She has a gift of communication. She's been posing as one," Maddy said.















"And this is my youngest sister, Alcyone."

"And I just realized you're a doll," the Doctor said, looking at me. "Which means, if we're the same size..."

"We'll have to talk to Swan," Maddy said. "That's what we're here for, remember?"














Well, that and tea.....

30 comments:

  1. *wildly clapping* What a glorious tea party!!! YAAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was lucky to get the tea set in on time. The one I had was in the wrong scale.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful tea party! Such a great story too!
    Lisa of the onesixthscaledollhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is the first time I've done one of these and it was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful tea party! Such a great story too!
    Lisa of the onesixthscaledollhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doll and Dr. Who Mad Tea Party is so sweet! I'm glad I came to visit you here!

    In the meanwhile, My Little Victorienne and Purple Kitty are waiting for a visit from you at my blog! We hope you enjoy your time there!

    Wishing you a wonderful Mad Tea Party Weekend!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! OMG! OMG! Tea and Tardis! You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maddy's character has lived in my head for twenty years it's so much fun to have her in doll form.

      Delete
  6. How delightful!! Thank you so much for your hospitality, Dear!
    Happy Mad Tea-ing!
    Hugs,
    Anne
    http://alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com/2016/07/welcome-to-mad-tea-party-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very welcome. I really enjoyed putting this one together.

      Delete
  7. How delightful!! Thank you so much for your hospitality, Dear!
    Happy Mad Tea-ing!
    Hugs,
    Anne
    http://alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com/2016/07/welcome-to-mad-tea-party-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tea. I enjoyed the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Your tale has made my Sunday! My favorite part? "Pepper pot type thing. Nasty. Full of hate". You, clever girl!

    Happy Mad Tea Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's great getting back to my old fanfiction days.

      Delete
  10. A wonderful tea party, how could it not be with the doctors presence. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this is such a fab tea party! And my favorite Doctor made an appearance. Thanks so much for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love all the Doctors, but I've got a real soft spot for the fourth. That grin...

      Delete
  12. A tea party with a tardis? How much fun are you! I think we might be soul sisters. Love the dolls!!! I can't wait to show this to my oldest daughter.

    You rock out loud!

    Happy Mad Tea Party!
    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. A tea party with a tardis? How much fun are you! I think we might be soul sisters. Love the dolls!!! I can't wait to show this to my oldest daughter.

    You rock out loud!

    Happy Mad Tea Party!
    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Unbirthday to you....like the little doll mad tea party...
    Hugs
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful! Those dolls are adorable, I don't believe I've seen them before. So where will the Doctor end up next? Sorry for being so late, thanks for a great time. Cheers, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Caroline and her boyfriend are from my own pattern, Maddy, Missy and her sisters are Pukifees from Fairyland and Kilbey was a limited edition from Doll Chateau. I found the Doctor figure on either eBay or Amazon - I can't remember which.

      Delete
  16. Of course now I need to Doctor tv binge...
    Interesing and creative party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Late but I am here! Hello everybody! I find your party a great idea to do it for my daughter.
    Inviting you to our one:http://blythetheque.blogspot.fr/2016/07/the-most-fragrant-roses-party-la-vie-en.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I'm contacting blogging friends from years past who participated in tea party blog hops to see if you'd like to join the one I'm hosting in August. I hope you'll participate. I think it's going to be a lot of fun! You can find all the info on today's post.

    Blessings,
    Sarah
    ClassicalHomemaking .com

    ReplyDelete