Sunday, April 28, 2013

In which Pinky returns...

I'm happy to report that the surgery to repair Shel's thumb was indeed successful. :)

Today was more or less perfect. Sunshine and 72F. We were outside catching some rays and fresh air this afternoon. John-John kept watching cars down at the end of the street.


 "John-John, is that it?" Ghoulia saw the cab before he did. And here some of the other dolls laughed at us for taking that ZSL (Zombie as a Second Language) course awhile back.












John-John was already off the stairs, yelling "Pinky!"

"How did you know I was coming back today?" she said, hugging him.

"I just knew," he said. "I missed you so much, P.T."













Maddy grabbed Pinky's bags from the cab while Pinky sat down to get acquainted with everyone. She hadn't met me, Emmaline or any of our friends in person yet, although I've talked to her on Facebook. She said the tour was fun, but it's going to be nice to be off the road for awhile. The band is planning on taking a break before starting work on a new album. Then she said she wanted to show me something...







She had picked some stuff up in Japan for me and my Hitty sisters! I was so surprised. She brought us back this cute little cafe table and chairs...













With a gorgeous matching tea set to go with it. I was a little nervous about unwrapping the cherry stirrers. They're so tiny...












Everything has wooden storage boxes, too. She also brought back a couple of tea kettles.
















Maddy had mentioned that our ancestor Hitty had an Asian screen in her bookcase apartment, so Pinky brought one back for mine. The panels are frosted glass.













I'm already planning my housewarming party. I feel like the luckiest Hitty in the world.














But the most important thing Pinky brought with her were the rings a friend of hers designed for Shel and John-John. She did an engagement ring and matching wedding bands. I don't know what Shel has in mind as far as the actual proposal. I don't think he's going to do anything public - he's far too shy. And Maddy has already lined up Clawdeen, Darci and Pinky's friend (and drummer/aspiring designer) Whitney Walker to help outfit the wedding party. She said she's only just now realizing what she's about to get herself into....




Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment