Thursday, April 4, 2013

In which I get my new chair in...

Today's mail brought the chair my person and I ordered for my future bookcase apartment, but it's a little bigger than I thought. Oh well. It may have to go on top of the bookcase instead....


 John-John pointed out that I'd have some place for Darci and her friends to sit when they visited. It is more her size.





Here's Emmaline on her first day here with Darci and company. I think she was a little nervous about this picture, but Darci and her friends aren't like the Philadelphia dolls in our ancestor's autobiography. They're all really nice. Darci was a cover girl back in the late 70s, but left modeling after a couple of years to become a designer.







Here's my sea chest - pink, of course - my bench and a shell my person's hermit crabs didn't like. My person and I also found out it's not a good idea to throw a coat of Ceramcoat over something that's closed. We ended up gluing the sea chest shut with it. We did eventually get it back open, with a little help from a hammer and screwdriver...





We also found this awesome bed on Etsy. The sheets, mattress, pillow and blanket were all made by my person. She pointed out that I have a memory foam mattress and she doesn't....







Meanwhile, my sisters were looking at lace for a possible dress. That's Hitty Catherine in the gray dress. And yes, Jade always sticks close to John-John. She was an only Hitty for awhile, and I think he was the first doll she met when she arrived (on our ancestor's birthday, nonetheless!) He's quite protective of her, like an adopted big brother should be...





No comments:

Post a Comment