Friday, April 12, 2013

In which I meet another musical legend...

Today, Darci introduced us to a friend of hers - Jerrica Benton, aka Jem (of Jem & the Holograms.)





















She's thinking of reviving the band for a comeback album and tour, but isn't 100% sure yet. She also wasn't 100% sure about this dress she just bought. Darci thought it looked fine, but isn't so sure about the neck applique. It's a little overwhelming.
















"And why do they insist on hook-and-loop fasteners on everything now? What's wrong with snaps?"















Jerrica asked John-John if he'd heard from Pinky. He said Tornado was still in Japan. Apparently everything is going so well that they've added about ten more dates.














In case you're wondering, Pinky is the one in the middle. She and John-John have been friends for five years now.
















Darci also measured Emmaline for a new dress. Nothing we have quite fits her, and the poor girl really needs a few new outfits. I think she's a little nervous about it, though. She keeps saying she doesn't want to look too fancy. I keep telling her there isn't any such thing.









*Maddy's note: Pinky is more or less The Doll Who Started It All. I made her back in April of 2008. She's a character who had been in my head for years, but other than writing stories about her, I couldn't find a way to really "bring her to life." When I discovered Patti Meadris Culea's books on cloth doll making, well, I had my answer. I think it took about thirty tries before I finally got her right.

BTW, her skirt and halter top are made from the pink cami I wore when I saw the Psychedelic Furs in 1986.




No comments:

Post a Comment