Wednesday, August 14, 2013

In which Maddy gives me a very protective gift....

"What's this, luv?"

"Properties of stones. One of Maddy's books. Did you know coral protects against demons?" I looked at him. "Is that the same as Elder Gods?"

"You're worried, aren't you?" he said gently.

"Well, yeah, with all the stuff happening around here and Richard still missing and all..." Okay, I'm kind of freaked out. And I'm a Hitty, ancestor of a doll who faced down a sinking ship, being shipwrecked, being stolen by a gang and, later on, survived having to bail out of a crashing plane. In other words, it takes a lot to freak out one of us. And I'm kind of freaked out....


I borrowed a quartz crystal and a piece of amethyst geode from Maddy. I think she has some other stones somewhere, too....

"Did you get those from the computer room?" she said, looking in.

I nodded. "I think we need something."

Maddy looked thoughtful. "I think so, too. Wait here."

"What is it?" I said, watching her take a wooden box out of a drawer.


"This." She came back over with...

"A sword?" I took it. It wasn't sharp.

"Sort of. It's an athame." She pronounced it to rhyme with Sammy. "It's a smaller version of mine." She explained that it was a basic magickal tool, used more like a wand than an actual sword. "Use it to cast a circle if you need to defend yourself. The demons can't cross the circle, and it will at least give you enough time to think of something else."









I have a lot to learn, but I feel better now. I can kick some otherworldly butt if need be....

No comments:

Post a Comment