Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In which we try to talk Emmaline into a makeover...

"Hey Maddy, look at this!"

She looked over my shoulder. "Luggage for Dolls? Looks complicated..."

"Not really," I said. "Of course, I'm going to need about twenty of those. Along with someone tall, dark, handsome and willing to carry them for me..."

"You're a diva," she said with a laugh. I have a feeling that means I'm not getting either one....





Maddy and I both thought that Magnolia's dress was an antiqued version of one of mine, but it's not. It's close, though.














I showed her the moose Shel - hey, Val, we're over here!

(At least this photo's only off center. My sister is the Red Queen of photographers - when she starts taking pictures, if's usually off with everyone's head...)










 Better.

Anyway, I showed Magnolia the moose John-John got me. He said that Maddy told him there was one running around here awhile back.

"Although I don't know if anyone confirmed Camilla Parker-Bowles whereabouts during that time," he added.

"John-John, be sweet," Maddy said. "That wasn't a very nice thing to say about the moose." They're both still Team Diana after all these years.






I looked over to see what he was doing.

"Emmie, just try it on," he was saying. "It's going to look good on you."

"I don't know..." She looked dubious. "It's awfully  - bright."

"So?" Jade said. "What's wrong with bright?"

Emmaline just looked uncomfortable.









"Give it a try. The color's going to look good on you," Jade said. She and Maddy share an eye for color.















"See? I told you it would look good. It's much more flattering on you than the gray."

I still don't think Emmaline was convinced.













Someday, we'll get her to smile.....







No comments:

Post a Comment