Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In which I become the first Hitty to climb Mt. Everest - sort of....


Dateline: Everest - on this, the 60th anniversary of Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary's ascent to the top of the world, I, Caroline, find myself just below the summit on the Hillary Step. Progress is slow...











Okay, okay, not really. But you have to admit this rock in the garden really looks the part, doesn't it?













"Caroline, we'd better head back in. I think I heard thunder..."

John-John hates thunderstorms.

"It's a jet. See, up there?"

"Let's go back in, anyway. Please?"









Seriously, though, after reading Into Thin Air, I'm not sure I'd actually want to climb Mt. Everest. Maddy said she's love to actually see it for real one day, but from the ground.











It does look pretty from the ground.














Maddy: "There's the route Norgay and Hillary took..."













John-John: "What the heck kind of color is that?"

Maddy: "Turquoise. My first car was the same color."

John-John shook his head. "That must have been easy to find in a parking lot."

She laughed. "Unless something parked in front of it. It was a little itty-bitty Geo Storm. About the size of one of your Mini Coopers."




Is it just me, or is he too cute? No wonder Shel wants to marry him. Now if they'd just pick a date - hint, hint hiiiiiiint......




And one last shot of the mountain....















No comments:

Post a Comment